|June 14, 2010||Filled under 1% for the Planet, Bottles, Plastic|
This is my first foldable water bottle and I have to admit, for the first couple days I wasn’t really sure how to use it properly! It’s so soft it’s like carrying a self-standing IV bag around. The bottle definitely got lots of stares and inquiries! I really like it because it’s really cute and innovative, not to mention convenient when I can fold it up and take it with me almost anywhere. It comes with a carabiner too!
What I like about the bottle:
- It’s really soft and packable. This comes in REALLY handy come travel time when you want to pack an empty bottle for the airport. I’ve traveled with some other bottles before but it always seems to take up a lot of space in the bag so I’m dropping it on the conveyor belt through screening or dropping it while trying to put my shoes back on. This bottle folds easily and stays folded (with the help of the carabiner) until you fill up the water.
- It does not take up much room in your bag.
- It stands on its own even though it’s a bag. Even when the water is almost gone, it can still stand on its own.
- It’s freezable! It’s awesome when you freeze it in the fridge and stick it in your lunch bag next morning so it acts both as a cold-pack and a water bottle because by lunch (after you had your cup of morning coffee…in a reusable mug) the water would have mostly melted and your lunch remained cool
- The bottle is convenient if you want to take it out shopping, traveling on plane, or plain walking around. The carabiner helps when you’re out bike riding or hiking if you have a backpack.
Some things to keep in mind:
- It still has a mildly plastic bag taste after 3 weeks.
- The spout is a simple sport spout and cap, and somehow the water flow is almost like pouring water directly out of the bag. So, if you have the spout open and accidentally leave it open or tip it over, water ahoy!
- It only holds 16oz, so it doesn’t last that long if you drink water frequently.
- The cap can get lost easily because it’s really small and not so different from a cap you’d get from those bottled waters.
- The bottle holds 16 oz of water, which is not idea if you are sitting at an office desk or being sedentary. Also, you have to uncap it to drink so if you’re sitting around, you may leave the cap around and lose it or drop it. Also, the bottle is not ideal when you’re sitting at the office because drinking from the bottle can be “floppy” and just not as ideal as a hard formed water bottle. It can be a little hard to drink from because of the awkward soft baggyness.
- If you are filling water from a filtered carafe, it is a little hard to pour. I’ve filled it directly from the tap and it always get really wet so I’ll have to wipe it down.
- The spout is really small in case you wanna add things in your water. This also means that I would not recommend washing it in the dishwasher because soap and food stuffs can get stuck inside.
Features of the bottle:
- Colors available – Blue, Green, Pink, Smoke, and Purple.
- 16 oz or 475ml.
What the company is doing for the environment:
- Vapur belongs to 1% for the Planet
- The bottles ship flat, which reduces carbon footprint and less volume it would take to ship a large water bottle.
- The paper packaging is made with 100% recyclable paper with soy ink.
Where to purchase:
You can buy these bottles right off the Vapur.us website for $8.95 per or 5 assorted colors for $35.80. This price applies to all colors.
On Amazon, you can get these bottles too but some of the independent retailers through amazon can be a little ridiculous directly, no longer through independent retailers! If you need to pay more than $8.95 per bottle, then I would recommend going directly to the site to order.