KOR Delta 500mL
|July 14, 2011||Filled under 1% for the Planet, Bottles, Plastic, Work-out Ready|
The KOR bottles and I go way back. It was what got me started with this bottle collection and what got My Water Bloggle off the ground. Imagine my excitement as I watched KOR blossom into an innovative company offering multiple designs while maintaining their core mission to better the planet. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on another KOR bottle and chose to go with the Delta because I wanted an easy access bottle that was smaller than the original one I have (and reviewed).
What I like about the bottle:
- The sleek design of the bottle allows for easy carrying that fits well in my grip and there’s a cushion base that stations the bottle on whatever surface it’s sitting on without scratching the surface while keeping the bottle from easily sliding when knocked.
- It has a great mouth piece that allows you to drink easily without spilling.
- The quick access push button open and close makes it really easy for me to drink on the go without worrying about spilling or taking too much time screwing on and off caps.
- The capstone inside the top portion gives you a small reminder (customizable on the website). It comes with a few standard ones.
- There is a small slide lock that locks the push button from being accidentally pushed, spilling water everywhere. Makes me feel confident sticking the good sized bottle in my purse without worrying about spillage.
- The size and bottle design is perfect for a stroll, shopping, on-the-go activities, and short distance sports such as going to the gym.
What I don’t like about the bottle:
- The small spout also makes cleaning a bit of a hassle. Although the top “cap” portion twists open to separate from the vessel itself, the opening is still pretty small.
- The volume is just enough for maybe one chore run or one small stint at the gym. Anything longer, you would need to seek bottle refill stations.
- The small rubber ring that covers over the mouth piece and is nestled in the cap can get moldy easily. You will need to remember to take it out and scrub it every once in awhile.
- The white plastic portion of the bottle gets banged up or scraped up easily. This makes my bottle look broken in and rugged, which is great, but it also greys out the white and makes it look grungy.
- Comes in 4 colors: Ice Blue (pictured), Sawgrass Green, Orchid Pink, and Sunrise Orange.
All following taken from the KOR website:
- Weight: 6.1 oz.
- Capacity: 500 mL (16.9 oz.)
- Dimensions: 9.75″ tall, 3.0″ wide, 2.66″ deep at base
- Materials: Eastman Tritan™ (vessel body/trim); POM plastic (button/latch); GLS TPE(seal, cap cover, bottom pad) – all health-safe materials
- Manufacturer: King’s Flair Development, Guangzhou, China
One thing that often people forget is knowing where their consumer products come from. I really appreciate KOR’s dedication to give as much information as they can, including where the bottle is manufactured. Kudos.
Company’s Social and Environmental Commitment
Where can I buy it?
- You can purchase it on the KOR website for $19.95 + s&h (free shipping with $75+ order)
- You can also buy it on Amazon.com for varying prices from $15 – $19.95 depending on the color.